Pre & Post Care Treatment
- Two weeks prior to your appointment stop using any skin thinners (Vitamin A, glycolic acids, exfoliation) on the brow area.
- Any waxing or brow shaping should be done at least 2 days before.
- If you tint your brows, tint it at least one week prior to the procedure.
- Cosmetic botox or fillers should be done 3 weeks prior or 2 weeks after.
- DO NOT consume alcohol, caffeine or take any blood thinners (aspirin, ibuprofen, Niacin 48 hours before your procedure, this will cause excess bleeding and may affect your results).
- You may come in with how you normally draw in your brows, but bring samples of brow shapes you like to the appointment.
- You may experience hypersensitivity and more pain around or during your menstrual cycle.
- We will not be able to tattoo over any blemishes, sores, and moles in or around the brow area.
- Stop taking Fish Oil 7 days before appointment.
Post Appointment Aftercare (14 Days)
After care is crucial, it is very important to follow these instructions for the full 10 day healing period to ensure proper healing and color retention. Results will vary for all individuals and we can not guarantee your results.
Cosmetic tattoos take between 4-6 weeks to fully heal. At this time you may receive your touch-up if any color has faded, or if you would simply like to add more definition to your tattoo.
After the topical anesthetic wears off you may feel some tenderness on and around the tattooed area. You may also experience slight swelling and redness the day of your procedure; this is normal and typically fades within 24-48 hours. At this point you may take Tylenol if you feel any pain, but avoid Aspirin or Ibuprofen as it can cause blood thinning.
- Let your brow tattoo DRY HEAL FOR 24- 48 HOURS after the procedure.
- Use Saline wipes or a cotton pad with lukewarm water to gently clean your brow tattoo 2-3 times a day after the procedure to keep the eyebrow tattoo clean.
- After the 24-48 hour healing period lightly moisturize your brow tattoo 2-3 times a day as needed for 2 WEEKS (you can use any fragrance free moisturizer like lubriderm or cetaphil).
What To Expect
- DO NOT expect your brow tattoos to heal perfectly after the first session. This is a 2 step, sometimes multiple step process. It takes time.
- BE PATIENT during your 2 week healing process your brows will change and appear different from day to day, THIS IS NORMAL.
- Immediately after your procedure brows will appear darker and more defined and this will last up to 2 weeks . Your brow tattoo can appear more solid, hair strokes may seem to disappear and it may look wet and painted on. THIS IS NORMAL.
- Around days 4-5 you will experience scabbing and your brows may look dry and flakey. DO NOT PICK your scabs, let come fall off naturally. If scabbing gets picked off prematurely missing hair stokes will result and cause patchy brows.
- Your brow tattoo will take up to 6-8 weeks to fully heal. When the scabbing comes off the hair strokes may seem faint this is because a fresh layer of skin has healed over the brow tattoo. Give your brows a few weeks and the hair strokes will become clearer.
- You may experience itchiness in the brows after the 10 days for up to 2 months due to the healing process of the dermal layer.
- Not everyones hairstoke brows can heal clean and crisp. Hairstrokes for oilier skin types tend to heal more solid and powdery while drier skin types tend to heal more crisp and defined. Also for those who bleed more may tend to need more touchups as the blood pushes the pigment out while we tattoo.
Things Not To Do After Procedure
- DO NOT go on any sunny vacations and avoid high sun exposure during the healing process, UV Rays can alter the pigment of your tattoo.
- DO NOT use cleansers, soaps or any other creams on your brow tattoo. Wash around the area using a cleaning cloth or makeup wipe.
- DO NOT exercise and sweat for 10 days. Sweat contains salt and can infect and prematurely fade your brow tattoo. Salt in the sweat may also alter the color of your tattoo.
- DO NOT run direct water on your brow tattoo. This is especially important in the first few days, you do not want to wash out any pigment.
- DO NOT use Vaseline, neosproin or any petroleum based products on your tattoo.
- DO NOT use any makeup, creams, exfoliants on the brows for 2 weeks.
- DO NOT go into sauna’s, pools, and steam rooms.
- DO NOT get massages or facials or skin treatments during the healing process.
- DO NOT go tanning and if you do cover your brow tattoo, UV rays can alter the color of your tattoo.
- DO not use exfoliants,retinol acids, or AHA’s on the area for 30 days after the appointment, it will fade your tattoo prematurely.
- DO NOT use laser light therapy on your brow tattoo. This can darken, lighten, and distort the pigment.
- This is a 2 step process. The First Session is used to build shape and gain symmetry. The Second Session is used to perfect the brows and we can add density. This is a process and some clients may need multiple sessions to achieve their desired result.
- The FIRST TOUCH UP or Second Session is done within the first 2-3 months after the First Session.
- It is your responsibility to book your touch up appointments. With the high demand it usually takes about 2 months to get a touchup appointment so please plan accordingly. If your tattoo comes back too faded additional charges may apply.
- OUT OF TOWN CLIENTS – All future appointments are done in our home studio in Fort Lauderdale or Orlando, Florida.
- Do not expect perfect results after the first session.
- Darker skin women, permanent makeup will not look as bold or sharp compared to lighter skin clients.
- Some client’s skin may have a harder time retaining pigment and may require additional sessions.
Long Term Care
- THERE IS NO GUARANTEE OF RESULTS as everyone’s result will vary due to skin type, lifestyle and the initial 10 day care and longterm care of your brow tattoo.
- Use at least SPF 50 to protect your brows, sun exposure will cause fading and can alter the color of your tattoo.
- Do not use chemical exfoliants on the brows, this will case the brows to fade faster.
- Do not do laser your brow area (IPL etc), some lasers may change the color of the ink.
- As the tattoo fades the strokes will get fainter and less defined.
- Maintenance is required to maintain desired results. Touchups are done on average every 9 – 12 months to maintain you brow tattoo.
- Hairstroke brows typically last 1-3 years.